North West Regional Women’s Committee (NWRWC)
Campaign Plan 2017
- To provide support and advice for Women’s Officers and Northwest branches in recruiting and developing women activists
- Interact with the NW TUC and other unions regarding women’s issues
- Organise and run workplace visits and events for NWRWC and members
- Highlight the issues of women by utilising support networks and services available to women in our region
- Share knowledge & experience with other RWCs
- Update Women’s section of Regional website
- Support CWU National and Regional campaigns e.g. People’s Post, Post Office Ltd, Agency Workers, Pay before Assignment (PBA) contracts, zero-hours contracts, living wage and the Trade Union Bill.
- Raise political awareness with women members in the NW and encourage women activists to become more involved in decisions affecting public life.
- Share expertise and knowledge with CWU branches and Regional Committees.
- Encourage communication regarding industrial issues
- Encourage all Women’s Officers to submit motions to CWU National, Industrial and Equality Conferences
The plan is ambitious but achievable, sets out our priorities for the future and will be amended as needed.